Friday, December 9, 2011

Movie Review- The Rocketeer

(From amazon) The discovery of a top-secret jetpack hurls test pilot Cliff Secord into a daring adventure of mystery, suspense, and intrigue! Cliff encounters an assortment of ruthless villains, led by a Hollywood screen star who's a secret Nazi spy (Timothy Dalton). With the help of his actress girlfriend, the young pilot battles enormous odds to defeat his foes who are anxious to use the device in an evil plan to rule the world! The dangerous mission transforms the ordinary young man into an extraordinary hero!


Usually I don't like WWI-WWII things, but I love it when it involves romance or spies, or something of the sort. Scratch that, I do like WWI and WWII things. 


Anyways, it was my parents' idea to watch this. We rented it from Netflix. And after doing some snooping, I found out that this movie was originally a graphic novel and Disney meant to make this into a series but never did. 


The movie was really good, for it being set in the 1990s I'll have to say that most of my favorite all time movies from this decade. The Cat from Outerspace, Cats vs Dogs, Indiana Jones (I think at least the first one was made in this time period), Star Wars, etc. 


The MC of the story, Cliff, is really cute in this movie. I've never seen him in a movie before (that I know of) but I liked his acting. In fact, I enjoyed all of the acting done in this movie. It was well done. 


For historical aspects and such, it was quite believable and well put together. The costumes, culture  etc were nice. 


As for the plot, I really enjoyed it. I loved the romance the best in it and I thought that Jenny was a good female lead. And, who doesn't enjoy a movie filled with the Mob, FBI, and Nazis? 


Overall, it was a really good movie and I give it five out of five stars. 


Trailer



Resources

Sincerely,
Sareh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments with profanity or comments that are hurtful/ mean will be removed. We appreciate hearing your thoughts. Remember, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face please do not say it on the internet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...