I got a Twitter!
So follow me for everything interesting, randomness, and for the fun of it and I'll probably follow you back!
Web Posts To Take a Look At!
- This Contently Post introduced me to this new thing Facebook is trying called Facebook Newswire. Apparently its trying to compete with Twitter as a place for breaking news and the like, and wants to attract more companies to it.
- This post discusses the if Buzzfeed really knows the secret to getting things viral and other ways that Buzzfeed is changing the way we see news and media.
- And as much as I all know we don't like taking finals at school, don't be like these college students who ordered a hit on themselves in order to avoid their finals!
- These Ted Talks for you to enjoy!
- The Way We Think about Charity is Wrong
- Does the Media have a "Duty of Care"?
- How to Seperate Fact from Fiction Online
- If you haven't heard of Lindsey Stirling, check out her youtube channel now! She's an awesome violinist who can dance and play the violin at the same time! Wow!
- Here's a new song by her that I just discovered! "Shatter Me"!
- Wasn't exactly sure if this counts as a website yet or not, but there's a kickstarter program called Storium that kinda reminds me of a role playing game or Dungeons and Dragons. But either way, you can check it out for yourself by clicking here.
- If you're a graphic designer or an artist, check out AIGA- the professional organization for artists and designers!
- There's a website devoted to books that work on paper and wouldn't work well as ebooks. You can check out Wink-Books by clicking on its name (<---).
- This picture about the opening ceremony of Woodstock! Wow, that's a lot of people!
Opening ceremony of Woodstock, 1969 pic.twitter.com/VGhEg8ACuv
— Historical Pics (@HistoricalPics) May 8, 2014
So I also recently posted a revamped story on Wattpad, called Those Crazy Years, that I'm really excited about! Its an exciting story about an alternative universe of the 1920s filled with magic, international intrigue, mobsters, spies, and mystery!
It was fashionable, you see, to kill.You can check out the story here on Wattpad and take a look at my Pinterest Board for it.
In high style of the day, the Skylarks of New Haven have taken the city by storm. They were the bee’s knees, the big cheese, and everyone wanted to be just like them. They could sing, dance, act, anything they set their mind to, these girls could do. Everyone loved them and no one dared breathed a bad word about them. They seduced everyone and were called the “It” girls. Sexy, smart, fashionable.
But like everyone, they each had their own secrets. And sometimes secrets have a nasty way of revealing themselves. Its been over a year since James Royston disappeared while on a mission to save his kidnapped bride, and now his sister Juliet is determined to find them no matter the cost. But it could very much cost her life.
Thrown into a dangerous game of international intrigue, lies, forbidden romances, magic, and crime lords, Juliet will have to keep her wits about her if she’s to save her brother. But Juliet’s new friends have dug themselves into a deeper hole then anyone could imagine, and it might just take an outsider to save them. In those days it might have been fashionable, but now they call it, those crazy years.
Well that's all today! If you have more you'd like to share (whether its a new book you just discover, got published, music you want to share, an article, pictures, whatever) just let me know either in the comments or through the contact form underneath the author page!