Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Movie Review- Sphere

Dustin Hoffman, Sharon Stone and Samuel L. Jackson star as a group of scientists recruited by the Navy to conduct a secret underwater mission to explore an alien spaceship.
 
If you ask me, that synopsis isn't very informative!
Anyways, I just watched this Sci-fi movie yesterday while I was lying on the couch sick. To give you a better idea of what happens, I'm going to give you my own version of the synopsis.
 
So this guy writes a book where he recomends what to do in case of a contact with aliens. So years later the navy finds him and these people he recomended in his book. He orginally thinks he's going to help surviors of a plane crash, but then finds out he's going to meet aliens...maybe. There's this spaceship which has been underground for over three hundred years and is somehow still running. So they go down over 1000 ft and go into the spaceship. Going in there, they find a mysterious giant sphere. After that..weird things start to happen.
 
There I hope that's better!
 
What I did like: The mystery. If you watch this you will be confused and nothing is really revealed until the end of the movie. It kept me guessing and I wanted to find out why things were happening. I also wanted to find out how the sphere all tied into this. The acting was very good as well were the graphics for this 1998 movie. I liked the idea of how they ended up being able to make things come true from their mind.
 
What I didn't like: Some things I thought they could have explained better or shown you. Like they never tell you what the inside of the shpere was like (even though they all went in it). And I didn't understand how the ship ended up down there. They tell you it's an american ship, yet that's all I really got out of it. And then in the end when the whole thing blows up, the sphere flys up into the sky and disappears. And so I don't know what the sphere was or what it's purpose was on the ship. Now with their powers, I didn't understand if they could only make their fears come true. Because it says they can, but then in the end of the movie they say that they can still use their powers and implies that they can make anything real. And then...they use their powers to forget everything. But my question is, even if you force yourself to forget you had powers, wouldn't you still be able to use them afterwards?
 
Overall I give this movie a 4 and half stars.
Sincerely,
Peony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments with profanity or comments that are hurtful/ mean will be removed. We appreciate hearing your thoughts. Remember, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face please do not say it on the internet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...