Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Something Random Tuesday- The Death of Osama bin Laden

Well, I didn't find any lovely pictures for you. I was going to put a picture of him, but then I decided not too since we're being swamped with his pictures enough already. And I can't really find any other good pictures.

Anyways, I decided to talk about him because...well everyone is and I guess it's kind of a shocker. When I first heard about it, I was on my writing website when one of the members broke the news to the rest of the members. I didn't believe her at first, I mean, who did? So I went onto yahoo and confirmed what she was saying.

Yes, the guy is really dead.

After nearly 10 years of attacks and the world looking for him, the world's #1 enemy is dead and gone for good.  I thought it was interesting to hear about the reactions to his death. I mean there were news footage of people celebrating this guy's death. I'll admit I was happy at first but then I wasn't.

After all, just because he's dead doesn't mean terrorism is gone. Plus, as a Christian, I believe that I shouldn't feel happy over someone's death. Even if I feel he deserved it and he had it coming. We talked about it today in chapel and the guy leading it showed us a quote from one of his friends on Facebook. Christians are suppose to love our enemies and pray for them. And guess what?

It's hard.

I know I have a hard time struggling with this one. We wrote a little essay about how we should react to his death yesterday in one of my classes and I wasn't really sure what to say. Personally, I think I think it's okay to be glad that someone won't be able to kill anymore people, but at the same time, I think we should be humble about it.

One of my teachers made an interesting point yesterday. Now before I start repeating him, I want to say that my teacher doesn't admiring him or anything, he was just saying how he could see why people would follow him. So bin Laden was a millionaire from Saudi Arabia, who decided to turn away from worldly things, gave up everything and lived a harsh life. Then he had a strong belief in his cause and was determined to not give up.

Anyways, the teacher also has an interesting theory. He thinks that bin Laden isn't dead and that the U.S is actually interrogating him somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised, after all, the government has lied to us before. But then, I doubt he is alive especially after the countless reports that he's dead and that they gave him a burial at sea.

I also think it's ironic that the U.S has been searching Afghanistan all these years for him and thinking that he lived in a cave. Only for him to turn up in some fancy mansion not far from Pakistan's capital! I've heard that the U.S government actually knew, or had an idea at least, that he or something very important was in the compound. I even heard we built a compound like it so the troops could practice raiding it.

Sources say that Osama was unarmed when they shot him and that a woman positioned herself in front of him as a shield. He was killed with two bullets (something called J-tap, I think) in the same spot. Which apparently is very hard to do.

Also, that this is how he wanted to die. He wanted the US to kill him so that his name could be posted everywhere and that so people would think of him as dying for his cause.

I've heard other rumors going around, but whether or not those are true, I'll let you decide it for yourselves. So what do you think about bin Laden's death? How did you react to the news when you found out? Do you have any theories about it or have you heard anything really interesting about this whole thing?

Sincerely,
Peony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments with profanity or comments that are hurtful/ mean will be removed. We appreciate hearing your thoughts. Remember, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face please do not say it on the internet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...