- Thr Fourth of July wasn't an actual national holiday until 1941.
- The first offical 4th of July celebration was at the White House in 1801.
- Three Presidents died on the fourth- John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Monroe. But only John Adams and Thomas Jefferson died on the same day in 1826.
- There was 2.5 million people in America when it delcared independence. Now there's over 313.9 million.
- In America, there is thirty-one places with "Liberty" in their name. Iowa has the most with four.
- Thirty-five places has "eagle" in their name.
- Eleven places has "indpendence."
- Nine has "freedom."
- Five has "America."
- One has "patriot".
Interesting Facts about Chip Bags
So on Monday I went to go get my driver's permit renewed and afterwards we got sandwiches and chips for lunch. Well when I got home, I opened the chip bag and saw to my dismay that the bag was barely even half full. So that prompted the question...why are chip bags always half full?
To the average person, it would make more sense that for the amount of money we pay, one should get a full bag of chips, no?
But when I called in my question (yes, I actually called the Lays chip company), I got a different answer to my question. It isn't about money or anything like that.
Its about weight.
Yep, the amount of chips in a bag depends on the weight. If you have a one ounce bag, you'll get one ounce of chips in there. About 10 or 15 chips. The number of ounces in a bag determines the amount of chips in a bag.
It also has to do with air space. You see, according to the wonderful and informative lady who answered me, the reason bags are never fully filled is that if you had more chips in there, the chips would get crushed and broken. So to preserve the size and prevent less breakage, bags are filled up half way so that there's more room for the chips.
And that, my friends, is why chip bags are never fully filled. Weight and air space.