Sunday, December 11, 2011

Book Review- Behemoth


(From Goodreads) The behemoth is the fiercest creature in the British navy. It can swallow enemy battleships with one bite. The Darwinists will need it, now that they are at war with the Clanker powers. 

Deryn is a girl posing as a boy in the British Air Service, and Alek is the heir to an empire posing as a commoner. Finally together aboard the airship Leviathan, they hope to bring the war to a halt. But when disaster strikes the Leviathan's peacekeeping mission, they find themselves alone and hunted in enemy territory. 

Alek and Deryn will need great skill, new allies, and brave hearts to face what's ahead.



I really like this series and I can't wait to read the next one. Usually I'm not fond of books that have to do this kind of stuff but it is still good. I still feel that this book is for younger kids but it's still really good and the pictures are a nice touch because it helps you see what things look like.

The characters are all really good, Deryn being my favorite. Alek is cool too but I don't like him as much. The only problem I have with Alek's name is that I keep calling him Alex whenever I see his name. As for Deryn I keep wanting her to tell Alek her secret but whenever she tries she chickens out. And I thought it was classic and amusing when Lillit had a crush on Deryn but I thought it was wrong when she kissed Deryn. But then, she didn't know the truth. 

The rest of the characters are all very good too. And the plot is very interesting with twists and turns. I loved the little monkey creature thing. It was so cute! I also didn't really understand it's function though and what it was suppose to do. Record and then talk? Yeah, I'm not sure. 


I loved seeing "Turkey" in this book. It was so interesting! Especially the weir automan in the sultan's room. I loved the battle bots that Lillit's family had, those were cool. There was a lot of action in this book and the ending was very exciting, although a little sad too. I'm excited to see where the next book leads us and if Deryn will reveal her secret or not. (come on, how long does it take you to tell him the truth?)


Overall, I loved this book and if you've read the first book, you should go read this one too. And don't worry about the pictures, they're totally cool!


On Goodreads: Behemoth
Website: Scott Westerfeld


Sincerely,
Sareh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments with profanity or comments that are hurtful/ mean will be removed. We appreciate hearing your thoughts. Remember, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face please do not say it on the internet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...