|I thought it was kinda cute.|
Some things to think about:
- If your character celebrates Christmas or some other holiday (it can be made up for fantasy/science fiction settings; I'm just using Christmas as an example) what are some of their favorite memories?
- What do they do on that holiday?
- Do they like that holiday, why or why not?
- Do they even celebrate that holiday or certain ones?
- If your character lives in a place where most of the population doesn't celebrate their holiday, does that country or place tolerate it?
- Try the opposite: if your character lives in a place where most of the population celebrates the same holiday as he/she how does your character view other holidays he/she may not celebrate?
- What are some things that can be found common on that holiday (ex. Christmas trees, manger scenes, Christmas stockings, etc)?
So write a short scene or story where a character celebrates a holiday or doesn't. See if you can answer some of these questions or new ones that may pop up as you write. And have fun!
Bonus: If you celebrate Christmas or some other holiday this time of year, did it go well? What did you do and how do you or your family celebrate it? Do you like the holiday?