Sunday, February 26, 2012

Book Review- Chaos

Deep in the Romanian mountains lies a fortress, and deep within it is a chamber where a Shataiki bat has ruled the dead for more than 2,000 years. If he has his way, no child will be safe. But there are four who stand in the way, in this gripping finale to the search for the seven Books of History.


I didn't like this book as much as I've liked the other books. I'm not sure why but there was something that I just didn't like. Maybe it was because of the time rift?

Although it's interesting when character time travel and then you find out that one character was there for ten years while it's only been a few minutes for another character and you both traveled at the same time; I just found it unsettling how Karas was suddenly so old. 



Anyways, it was interesting to see how Johnis and Silvie (I'm sure I spelled her name wrong, but I've never been able to spell it correctly. Note to authors: your readers should be able to spell your character's name right out some difficultly.) handled being in a kinda futuristic version of our world (if my memory serves correctly, the time period is a bit ahead of ours). I didn't like this one has much because Johnis was kinda weird, especially about the car. He had this really strange obsession with this car they stole. Although I liked the romance part in it, I thought it was cute. 


But the part where we find out that time got all messed up really bugged me. I just found it unsettling how Karas and the other girl were suddenly so old. Although it's interesting when character time travel and then you find out that one character was there for ten years while it's only been a few minutes for another character and you both traveled at the same time. Anyways, that's what happened. 


As for the plot...it was interesting. They had to find a way to get all the seven books and then find out how to  get back to their reality. It was kinda cool to see how how our world was like in the books and I enjoyed seeing the connection between the Shataiki and vampires. 


But I felt like this wasn't one of my favorite books of the series. It was good, yes, but I also just didn't enjoy it as much. I actually don't have all that much to say about it. It was an improve though from the last book Renegade

Goodreads: Chaos
Website: Ted Dekker

Sincerely,
Sareh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments with profanity or comments that are hurtful/ mean will be removed. We appreciate hearing your thoughts. Remember, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face please do not say it on the internet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...