Tuesday, February 28, 2012

In the News- HarperCollins Sells Inkpop to Rival Figment!

Okay guys. So I'm really pissed off about this. Anyways, I'll be posting the full story either Tomorrow or Thursday (the horrific day of the shut down). Sorry guys if I won't be posting much this week, its kinda been crazy ever since Sunday.

Until then, I give you the original article that Inkies found before HarperCollins even bothered to tell us, and this one which gives you a even more in depth of what happened.

Sincerely,
Sareh

EDIT: I found a copy of what HC announced to us on a news report and I'm putting it here so you can see it.
We’re excited to announce that the inkpop site and community will be merging with Figment, which means you can now be part of an even bigger community of writers.
Figment is a creative writing website and just like inkpop it’s dedicated to fostering talented writers and giving them a platform to gain a wider audience. As a Figment member, you’ll have even more ways to get feedback, improve your writing, and connect with authors and publishing professionals.
While inkpop will no longer exist as its own site after 3/1/12, the inkpop & Figment teams are working hard to make sure all inkpop accounts and projects will have a new home and that you will be able to easily find & connect with each other on Figment.
Over the next few days, you’ll receive step-by-step instructions that will guide you through the process of moving your account information to Figment.
Thank you for being a part of the inkpop community—we are excited about this new partnership and look forward to seeing you and reading your writing on Figment. 

2 comments:

  1. I heard this on Monday! I was absolutely heart broken! I left Inkpop a while ago but I now feel like I've lost a home. And I want to delete my account but I have no idea how!

    I tagged you on my blog btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I've never upset over something like this before! Part of me says "its just a website" but the other part of me was like "no, its more than just a website". They still had the delete button up till they shut the site down.

    You did? O.o Thanks! I'll go look I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Any comments with profanity or comments that are hurtful/ mean will be removed. We appreciate hearing your thoughts. Remember, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face please do not say it on the internet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...