Sunday, January 22, 2012

Book Review- Renegade (The Lost Books #3)


(From Goodreads) One of the chosen has gone renegade.
Turning his back on all that he once believed, Billos enters the forbidden book and lands in a reality that is as foreign to him as water is to oil. A place called Paradise, Colorado, where he discovers he has strange new powers given to him courtesy of a mysterious figure known as Marsuvees Black.
The chosen four have survived the desert, escaped the Black Forest, battled the Horde, and added a spirited refugee to their number. But nothing has prepared them for the showdown that Billos, the renegade, will lure them into.
This book was better than the last two. I enjoyed seeing the characters grow and learn the truth about their world. I especially love the Christian themes in these books.

One of the other things that I love/hate is when the author ties in stuff from other series and you have to read all the other books to get the full picture. And while you don't have to read the other books to understand these books, you can still read the other books to understand the whole thing.

The story seemed to be mainly about Billos who happens to come into this "in-between" reality and comes across this man who makes Billos do evil things and lies to him. I forgot what the man's full name was but I know it ended in Black. So...I'll just call him black. 
In near the beginning, Billos decides that he needs to find out what is so special about the Books. So he does what he was warned not to do- he puts his blood on the book and opens it. Because they only have like three or four of the books in their possession, the books transport Billos to this weird reality that I mentioned before. Here he meets Black to seems to be good but really we all know he isn't.  And the whole time I kept screaming in my head "don't listen to him!". But thankfully, in the end Billos sees the truth. 
So then, he sends his friends into a frenzy to try and find a way to get to him since the books disappeared with him. They eventually do, in which they try to save the books and Billos. I'm kinda happy with the outcome because I feel that's what he deserved but then, in the end, I don't...I don't know. 
The characters were all really good even though I didn't agree with their choices. They were all pretty real and it gave you a more in depth look at their world. I liked seeing what they did when faced with hard choices. 
Anyways, it was really interesting. I enjoyed this book a lot more than the last one. I didn't really like Billos and everything that he was doing, but it made things more interesting and it just fit. Plus I could understand why he was doing what he was doing because he was listening to the devil in this story (Black). 
On Goodreads: Renegade
Website: Ted Dekker
Sincerely,
Sareh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments with profanity or comments that are hurtful/ mean will be removed. We appreciate hearing your thoughts. Remember, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face please do not say it on the internet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...