When an 18 year old high school student in India was recognized as the world's shortest woman, she said she wants a degree and become a star in Bollywood. Jyoti Amge is 62.8 centimeter (24.7 inches) tall which is shorter than your average 2 year old. She was measured at a ceremony attended by 30 relatives and friends in the town of Nagpur, in the Maharastra state. Jyoti doesn't seem to mind being short, in fact, she called the honor an extra birthday present as she was just turning 18. She's also just 7 centimeters shorter than the 22-year-old American Bridgette Jordan who had the title since September.
Until she turned 18, Jyoti was considered the shortest teenager. Due to a form of dwarfism called achondroplasia, she has grown less than a centimeter in a past year and will grow no more. She has the chance for multiple trips to other countries to meet with other record holders.
The shortest woman in history was Pauline Musters who lived from 1876 to 1895 in the Netherlands and stood 61 centimeters or 24 inches tall. You can read the whole thing and watch the video here.
Girl killed in horrible accident!
A 12-year-old girl was killed on a Southern California freeway when she went to get some clothing off the freeway. Eunice Flores was hit about 11 pm on State Route 60 in Mira Loma. Apparently, a suitcase had fallen off the top of her car and clothes had gone all over the freeway. John Sullivan was driving 70 mph when he hit her and wasn't injured or arrested. The girl was pronounced dead at the scene.
And what I say is that is it really worth risking your life just for a piece of clothing? Maybe on a road without much traffic or where they don't drive as fast, but on a highway, no, not worth it. Read the whole thing here.
TSA alert! Cupcakes are now a terrorist threat!A Massachusetts woman was flying home when an "airport security officer confiscated her frosted cupcake because he thought its vanilla-bourbon icing could be a "security risk."" Apparently the frosting atop the red velvet cupcake was gel-like enough to violate rules. Rebecca Hains is a teacher who was given the cupcake as a gift from a student. It was put in a glass container with a medal lid which is why it got the attention of the officer in the first place.
Apparently their hummus sandwiches with creamy fillings made it through but the "dangerous cupcake" didn't. To make it worse, when she was flying from Boston to Las Vegas, the cupcake made it through without problems. (Maybe she should have remembered the saying "what goes on in Vegas, stays in Vegas"...get it? Haha....) Anyways, but at the Las Vegas airport, that's when the cupcake caused trouble. Read the whole thing here.
A fire in a home in Connecticut was the cause of death for one woman's three children- a 10-year-old and 7-year-old twins- and her parents. Neighbors woke to screaming around 5 am and rushed to help but there was nothing they could do. The injured survivors, Madonna Badger and a male friend were led away. The Victorian house was bought last year for $1.7 million last year.
Although firefighters knew there were people inside, they were unable to save them because the flames were too big and the heat too intense. They are unsure of the cause. Read the whole thing here.
247 live animals do not make good flight companions.
Upon opening the bag, more than 200 reptiles and mollusks were found, including more than 9 species of poisonous snakes in clear plastic containers. There were 15 venomous vipers- two of which can grow up to five feet long- and several young boas. Some of the animals are extremely rare and protected by the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species. Two of the animals were already dead and most of the others would have died on the flight.A Czech national was nabbed in Argentina for trying to board a247 live animals including and endangered reptiles packed in a bulging suitcase, reports said Monday.withThe man identified as, 51, was caught while trying to board a flight for Madrid when shocked baggage X-ray technicians and staff at the desk at in greater Buenos Aires noticed "organic substances moving inside," local media reported.