Sunday, January 22, 2012

Book Review- Infidel (The Lost Books #2)


(From Goodreads) From Chosen to Traitor?
After being stretched to their limits, the four heroic young Forest Guard recruits--Johnis, Silvie, Billos, and Darsal--are pulled into deeper danger on their mission to secure the seven lost Books of History.
Celebrated as a hero, Johnis's world is shattered when he learns that his mother may not be dead as presumed but could be living as a slave to the Horde. Throwing caution to the wind, he rushes to her rescue.
But this is precisely what the Horde has planned. Now he will face a choice between Silvie, whom he is quickly falling for, and his sworn duty to protect the Forest Dwellers. How can he save those he loves without betraying his own people?
In the end, one will be revealed as the Infidel. And nothing will be the same for the remaining Chosen.
Honestly, I read this at least a month ago and I can't exactly remember what happened. But I think I remember it enough to give you all a decent review. I might review the book tomorrow and then edit this post with a more through review. 
Anyways, I wasn't really thrilled with this story. In fact, I almost wanted to put it down. The first 100 pages are very...stupid. Sorry, but just in the light that Johnis, after discovering that there's a chance that his mother is still alive, he rushes into this great battle with little experience. He takes Silvie and a group of soldiers, throws them into battle against over a ton of Horde and expects to win. Then he suddenly realizes how stupid he was. 
Personally, that was a huge turn off for me because he was just so... insensible. Sure, teenagers rush into things that are bigger than us without thinking but it just seemed..so...stupid of Johnis. But on the other hand, it does show how sometimes teenagers can get over our heads without thinking things thoroughly. It also showed that our hero isn't perfect and that he's human. 
Anyways, after that Johnis and Silvie go into the Horde city. And this was my favorite part, not only do we get to learn about the Horde people, but we get to see that they aren't mindless people. They're just different. In this story, we see that Elyon (who represents God) loves the Horde (I think they represent people who either don't know God or have fallen away, I'm not sure) even though they've fallen prey to the scab illness. 
We also meet several new characters. Karas was my favorite. She was so cute! I loved how Johnis was like a big older brother to her in the end and risked his life to save her. It was adorable. Also I loved the little romance parts in it. Yay romance! 
Other than what I mentioned before, I really liked this book. It could have been better, but it was good. And I went on to read the rest (although I haven't read the very last book. I'm going to finish that after I finish Black).
On Goodreads: Infidel
Website: Ted Dekker
Sincerely,
Sareh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments with profanity or comments that are hurtful/ mean will be removed. We appreciate hearing your thoughts. Remember, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face please do not say it on the internet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...