To enter you must have
- A completed novel (50k words to 150k)
- A pitch up to 300 words
- An excerpt of your novel up to 5k but no less than 3k (excluding table of contents, prefaces, etc)
- personal information on the entry form.
You must be at least 13 to enter and if you are not yet 18 you must have your parents or a guardian's permission to enter. To read more click RULES (caps for you should go read this) and official contest rules. (bold for you should go read this).
Grand prizes includes:
- A free publishing contract with Penguin publishing house
- a $15,000 dollar advance.
And there's some other prizes but they are not as cool as that. I told my mom and she was like, "you could pay for college with that money!" Yeah mom, that's exactly what I want to use that money for. (note the sarcasm). But she has a point, if I spent it on college, I could go to a decent college. Or pay off most of my debt.
I'm going to enter whatever book I get done first. Either Night Lies or The Cursing. And I'm going to need help editing it. Maybe my friends and teachers can help?
ANYWAYS. That's all I got for tonight. Finals week people. Shoot. I hate finals. HATE IT. (But secretly love it cause no homework and half days!)