Friday, September 16, 2011

Book Review- City of Bones

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder - much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.



This book was pretty good. I decided to start reading this series after I found out that I liked Clockwork Angel. That and I heard that this series was going to made into a movie.

Anyways, the characters were good and I thought that Jace (I also love his name, Jace Wayland) was amusing. He was probably my favorite character. I thought that he was funny and cool although at times he was annoying. He reminded me alot of will in Clockwork Angel. But funnier. I didn't like Hutch the guy who watches in Institute, especially in the end. I loved Luke although I wasn't sure what I thought of him in the beginning, but in the end he turns out to be a good guy. I didn't like Simon all that much. He was sweet and stuff, but he got on my nerves and just seemed to get into everyone's way. I didn't really like how Clary treated him throughout most of the story. 



 I noticed that this book reminded me alot of Clockwork Angel. Why? Well Clary and Tessa both get attacked by demons and find out that they are not actually human. Both have a family member who is kidnapped. And they both end up finding/gaining their brother towards the end of the story. And that the bad guy gets away. Both girls end up staying at the Institute. 

The other thing I didn't like about the story was that Alec is gay. I have strong values and I believe that gay is wrong. Anyways, I was glad that Classandra Clare did not shove Alec's being gay down our throats although there is some parts where you can tell that he is gay. 

I loved the plot. It was interesting and it had so many twists and turns in it! Although near the end there were some really big shockers and at one I was really mad and tempted to put down the book. And although it says that this evil fact is true, I heard that it wasn't. Which is a good thing because I would be really mad and start to really wonder, "
Does this author really think this is okay?"

 I finished this book in two days and I hope to read the next books. Overall, I was impressed with the story and I can't wait to read the next ones. I hope to somehow get my hands on them because all the ones at my library are on hold for five other people and so I have a while to wait before I can read them. 


On Goodreads: City of Bones
Website: Cassandra Clare


So have you ever read two different series from the same author where the books remind you alot of the other series? Was there a lot of similarities or not a lot? 


Sincerely,
Peony


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments with profanity or comments that are hurtful/ mean will be removed. We appreciate hearing your thoughts. Remember, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face please do not say it on the internet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...