Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pen Names- and Mine.

Okay I just thought it was amusing. 
Okay, so lots of people have pen names for various reasons. Some of them do it because they think that it'll help their career (for example, J.K Rowling was told to use her initals because the publishers thought that as many boys wouldn't read Harry Potter if they knew it was written by a woman) or because they think that their real names are either too short/long/hard to pronounce. Or whatever reason you can think of. A famous one is Mark Twain who's real name is Samuel Clemens.

Anyways, I have a confession. Peony's not my pen name. Nor is it my real name. It's just the name I use on Inkpop. I actually have quite a few of pen names: Syrah Peony, Peony, and well...my actual pen name. But I'll get that into a minute.

Whenever I tell people that I want to use a pen name when I get published or whatever they always give me a weird look and ask why. My reason is that my name is too common and boring. On facebook alone there is 538 people with the same name as me. Of course I could just use my initials, but I think my last name is still too common. Therefore, I'm using a pen name.

Sareh is my official pen name...unless I decide to change it of course.

So because I think I should be using things in my pen name more often, I'm going to change my signatures and stuff to my pen name. (At least here on the internet.)

Anyways, do you guys use pen names? What do you think about them?

Sincerely,
Sareh Lovasen

2 comments:

  1. I have a pen name too! And I love them. I just don't want to use my real name and then have to deal with potential employers googling me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too! True, that's another good reason for a pen name. You can write something that other people may not like and no one will know it was you unless you choose to tell them it was.

    That also reminds me about facebook and how people are always saying that you should be careful what you post on it because it come back to haunt you later...

    ReplyDelete

Any comments with profanity or comments that are hurtful/ mean will be removed. We appreciate hearing your thoughts. Remember, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face please do not say it on the internet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...