Monday, September 12, 2011

Remembering 9/11.

It was a day of sorrow, grief, pain, and loss. A day that shall be burned forever into our minds and into our country (if you live in the U.S). It was the first day since the War of 1812 that Washington DC had been successfully attacked.

Nearly 3,000 people died.

Many were lost when the towers were hit and they collapsed. More were lost when the pentagon was attacked and when the people aboard one plane gave up their lives in a Pennsylvania feild to save many more. A day when heros were made and heros were lost, a day when we lost friends and family. A day that was meant to cripple us for good but in the end made us stronger.

I'm not sure what you were doing (if you were born at the time that is), but I remember that I was in first or second grade at the time and it came over the loud speakers that the twin towers had been hurt. Well I had no idea what this meant at the time, but I do remember my teacher crying and I couldn't understand why.

Anyways, we just watched a 60-minute video about it today and Friday and it was kinda like a behind the scenes one where they told you what happened that day and then they told you everything that President Bush did that day and the following week afterwards. I thought it was also interesting because that it was made in 2002 and how they said they didn't have Osama bin Laden, yet today we finally killed him.

Today, since then too, we're building new towers. This time, the towers are stronger and larger than the last two. You can even watch their progression on Youtube month by month. They were suppose to be done this year, but now they aren't expecting them to be done until 2013.

I'll stop my rambling for now, but my question for you is, do you remember 9/11? What were you doing then or what have you heard about it? Did you know anyone affected by it? Did anyone go to the memorial service yesterday?

I had an aunt or one of my aunt's friends worked there and there was something going on that day so she didn't go into work. So if she had, she probably would have died.

For anyone who's lost someone during 9/11, you have my biggest sympathies.

Sincerely,
Peony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments with profanity or comments that are hurtful/ mean will be removed. We appreciate hearing your thoughts. Remember, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face please do not say it on the internet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...