Thursday, September 29, 2011

Book Review- Wired

One year ago, Lia Kahn died.

A few days later, she woke up.

She had a new body: Mechanical, unfeeling, inhuman. She had a new family: Mechs like her, who didn't judge her for what she could no longer be. She had a new life, one that would last forever.

At least, it was supposed to.

But now everything Lia thought she knew has turned out to be a lie; everyone she thought she loved has been stolen away. And someone is trying to get rid of the mechs, once and for all. Lia will risk everything to save herself and the people she can't live without. But not before facing one final truth: She can't save everyone.


Cover: It's interesting. If I really, truly would judge a book based on a cover I probably wouldn't pick it up.

Title: I think in a way it fits with the story and stuff. Much better than the title for Crashed, I didn't really see how that title had much to do with the story. Maybe in the first book I could or maybe in this last one.

Anyways: I've all the past two books, Skinned and Crashed. And at first, I really liked the first book, the second book was okay, and by the time I read the third book, I wasn't really all that thrilled with it. The thing that turned me off the most was the characters. I know I'm suppose to be able to connect with them but in this book I just really couldn't. I don't like any of the characters. Lia I think is a mean, lying, selfish person. Riley...well I'm not positive on how I feel about him but I think that he lets himself be pushed around too much and trusts people too easily. And as for Jude, I just hated him out right. The character I liked the most out of the whole story was Lia's sister, Zo.

I can't say much for the plot it's self. While it was interesting, I wasn't really thrilled with it. I understood the beginning and how she thought that by becoming a reality star would help mechs, but I thought it was kinda pointless. I enjoyed the revelation about Lia's father, I wasn't expecting it, although we got hints, and I thought it was well done.

If I was to comment on the all of the books on this series as a whole, I'd say they're pretty good but not my favorites. They're not really the books I'd go out and buy as soon as they came out. I'd rather spend my money on different books and wait to see when these get to my library.

In actualization, I didn't finish the end of this book. One was because I lent my kindle to my cousin and so I can't read it, two, I just didn't seem interested in reading the rest. It seemed pointless when there is so many other books to spend my time reading. So yeah I can't comment on the end.

On Goodreads: Wired
Website: Robin Wasserman (by the way, I love the new titles and covers much more)

So have you ever stopped reading a book because of the characters? Or did you ever read a whole series only to have the last book be bad?

Sincerely,
Sareh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments with profanity or comments that are hurtful/ mean will be removed. We appreciate hearing your thoughts. Remember, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face please do not say it on the internet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...