Monday, June 13, 2011

Book Review- The Emperor Of Nihon-Ja (Ranger's Apprentice #10)

Months have passed since Horace departed for the eastern nation of Nihon-Ja on a vital mission. Having received no communication from him, his friends fear the worst. Unwilling to wait a second longer, Alyss, Evanlyn, and Will leave their homeland behind and venture into an exotic land in search of their missing friend.

When they finally catch up with him, they find Horace entangled in a military coup. Determined to protect the imperial throne, Will and his band of Araluens must piece together and train a force in order to fend off the master Senji warriors intent on overthrowing the emperor.

Suspense and pulse-pounding action abound in this final adventure in the worldwide phenomenon that is Ranger's Apprentice.



I've read the whole series and I'm sad to see this wonderful series come to an end. This is the only book my brother has willingly read and my mom has even read the series. My favorite characters are by far Halt and Will. 


In this last book, Halt, Will, Evelyn, and some other friends travel to the Japan like country of Nihon-Ja to help Horce who is helping the Emperor take back his throne. 


What I did like: I enjoyed Will's sense of humor and I love the research that you can so clearly seen put into this. Like with the beginning when Will and Halt are watching a demonstration of an army legion. And I love how you can so clearly tell it's Roman and how it actually works. I really do enjoy a book that has well researched points in it. I think it shows an air of profession to the book and helps add to the realism of it. The other will researched part was when they were traveling with more of Will's Scandinavian  friends and how the captain was explaining how the new ship sailed. The other part I enjoyed was seeing the culture of Nihon-Ja, and I loved seeing Alyss and Evelyn have their final roles in this. Plus I adored the ending where both Horace and Will propose! 


What I didn't like: I thought that Alyss and Evelyn both acted stuck up and snotty through most of the book until they made up their differences. Even then I was turned off because how they acted. I wasn't crazy about the ending and how the rebel leader was killed when he was trying to over throw the Emperor. But overall those are my only complaints. 


If I was going to recommend this book I'd give it a four and a half stars. 


Sincerely,
Peony 





2 comments:

  1. Wait, hold the phone. My library told me Flanagan didn't have any new books out! Liars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the book at Barnes and Noble, it came out in...May or June. I'm not sure.

    D: Maybe they haven't put the book in the system yet? My county library system is slow in getting new books.

    ReplyDelete

Any comments with profanity or comments that are hurtful/ mean will be removed. We appreciate hearing your thoughts. Remember, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face please do not say it on the internet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...