Friday, July 1, 2011

Movie review- Chain Reaction

After years of tireless work, a team of scientists and technicians at the University of Chicago have tapped a simple, yet almost infinitely powerful way to produce energy from water--cleanly, efficiently, abundantly--for a fuel-starved, pollution-weary world. What impact will this discovery have on us all? Student machinist Eddie Kasalivich and scientist Lily Sinclair are about to get the explosive answer. Suddenly caught in a chain reaction of murder and high-tech espionage, the two colleagues are forced to go on the lam after being framed for the murder of their mentor, visionary scientist Dr. Alistair Barkley, and the sabotage of their laboratory. Barkley had been determined to give details of the discovery freely to all nations. Others insisted on discretion--and would go to any lengths to keep it from getting out. With a half-dozen federal agencies pursuing them across the country, Eddie and Lily set out to discover who is behind this far-reaching, shadowy and deadly conspiracy.


I watched this interesting movie last night. Well most of it actually. I came downstairs to watch it like five or ten minutes into the movie. I had originally wanted to watch Tron: Legacy (I’ve been dying to see it and it' finally came in the mail through Netflix) but my parents had to decided to watch this instead.

What I liked: I thought the plot was very interesting. At first we have no idea who did it, but as the story progresses, we find out who did it. And they were right in front of Eddie and Lily the whole time. I liked the mystery and I thought the actors were good. This was actually a good, well produced movie. I've been skeptical of some of the movies on Netflix that you can instantly watch because alot of them just are not that well produced or the actors aren't good. So I was pleased to find a good one.

What I didn't like: I thought that some things were stupid. For example, Eddie calls Dr. Shannon when clearly he should have realized that they would be tracking the calls that Dr. Shannon made. I was confused at different parts of the movie- especially in the end- whether or not Dr. Shannon was bad or good. He seemed to be on the good side especially in the very end, but really, I wasn't sure if he had let Eddie and Lily escape for his own interests. I thought it was somewhat far fetched how far Eddie and Lily had traveled during the movie in just stolen cars. But then, I guess if you're really trying to escape you'd travel fast. I thought that it was surprising how Eddie didn't get all that badly hurt when the hydrogen thing exploded and how to appeared to be a nuclear bomb. It did wipe out eight city blocks in the movie. Also, when the cop got shot, I was surprised there was no blood, actually there was no blood when anyone got shot.

Overall: It was a good movie and I enjoyed it. It kept you watching with the mystery and the action. Lots of action in it. I'd give it a three out of five stars.

Trailer:


So, this movie was about people wrongly accused of something they didn't do. Have you ever been accused of something you didn't do, what was it, and did you prove your innocence?

Sincerely,
Peony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments with profanity or comments that are hurtful/ mean will be removed. We appreciate hearing your thoughts. Remember, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face please do not say it on the internet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...